ShareWord Global is seeking a full-time China Development Officer with experience in Major Gifts who has a passion to see God’s Word distributed in China and worldwide.
Vancouver, Toronto, San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles (role will be based in one of these locations, with significant travel to the other four).
Our passion is sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with people all over the world and giving them a chance to read or hear God's Word for themselves. We've been doing this since 1911, starting in Canada and spreading out across the globe.
Our purpose as a ministry is to share God’s Word with effective and engaging forms of Scripture, reaching people everywhere with the gospel of Jesus Christ, through personal witness and partnership with the local church.
The China Development Officer is responsible for acquiring donors and soliciting funds from Major Donors, Foundations and Churches that will achieve the ministry growth plans within Chinese communities in North America. This includes the ability to articulate projects and opportunities in a way that will appeal to donors and includes the conception, production, and presentation of proposals. This role will be based out of one of 5 major Chinese urban communities in North America, in efforts to build a strong support base within these communities to support the growth of the ministry in China.
Once the necessary funds are raised, the China Development Officer will plan, co-ordinate and lead missions trips to China under the strategic direction of the VP of Development.
- 5 plus years experience in an international sales or a fundraising role with a track record of success
- Demonstrated abilities as a leader / manager of staff, programs and organizational effectiveness
- Knowledge of ministry or non-profit sector is an asset
- Acquire, cultivate and grow new supporters and Foundations
- Assist in building a donor strategy within the Chinese communities starting in North America and then expanding to major centers of Chinese populations around the world
- Steward these donors so they grow increasingly attached to the TGIC ministry
- Solicit funds from donors to meet annual financial goals
- Coordinate ministry trips with Major Donors
- Manage relationships with designated supporters and audiences
- Offer supporters opportunities to join the Planned Giving campaign
- Follow and build on the EAN strategy in China
- Coordinate and lead missions trips to China
- Assist in building an ethnic church strategy with the Chinese community
- Identify, train and empower members and others in all aspects of Global Development so as to leave a sustainable impact in every country visited
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all submissions, projects and supporters in relevant databases and filing system
- Ensures the vision, policies, and procedures of the association are being followed as authorized by the Board of Directors
- Other duties as required
1. Possesses the necessary leadership, visionary, and management skills necessary to maintain the growth, integrity, viability, and welfare of the association. Execute ministry objectives in a timely manner and deliver the achieved results.
2. Possesses the necessary communication skills to dynamically articulate the vision of the association as well as motivate and inspire others to participate.
3. Possesses the necessary highly developed interpersonal and relational skills to serve as part of a variety of teams, motivating each other towards common goals and mission, to interact and relate to the membership, and to foster relationships with outside associations and various contacts.
4. Possesses the necessary management skills in order to maintain accountabilities, process information, make decisions, organize workload, resolve conflicts, delegate responsibilities, and solve problems.
5. Possesses the necessary professional skills to promote the ministry at a high level to both the membership and Christian public.
6. Possesses the behavior adaptability to work in cross-cultural environments successfully especially within the Chinese and North American environments
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Accurate and efficient data entry, attention to detail, and work organization.
- Compatibility with others in an office environment, but also possesses ability to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated.
- Time management and deadline-oriented. Ability to process large volumes of work with speed and accuracy.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge is a plus, as well as experience with Macs and with Microsoft Office programs.
- Successfully raised funds from major donors
- Experience leading missions trips
- Experience of budgeting and managing resources
- Strong planning skills and a very organized way of working
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Personable, friendly and donor-centric
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Able to communicate effectively and engagingly. Must be fluent in both written and verbal English and Mandarin.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to travel across North America and Asia a significant amount of the time.
- A Leader
- A Team Player
- Passion for the Gospel
- Full of Integrity
- Has a successful international fundraising track record
- A strong storyteller
- Culturally adaptable and sensitive to the Chinese culture
Applications: Interested applicants will submit a letter and resume to email@example.com