GO Trip Donations
You voluntarily commitment to fundraise, and/or thereafter pledge to donate the remaining or full amount per person as advertised for the GO Trip in order to participate on a GO Trip team. Your voluntary donation pledge covers your all-inclusive emergency travel insurance, training, flights and in-country transportation, translators, meals, and accommodations. You can help cover your total donation pledge amount by fundraising, and we will provide you the tools to do so. If you raise funds over and above the donation pledge amount, the additional funds will go towards the respective GO Trip’s ministry work.
Each participant is responsible for their own passport and visa fees, travel to/from the airport back home, immunizations, travel medications and medical-documentation fees, additional baggage, or other personal incidentals and leisure activities arranged during the GO Trip.
Any incurred expenses and arrangements beyond those of the usual GO Trip itinerary are handled by the Participant directly. The additional costs incurred for customized elements will be paid by Participant directly to the vendor wherever possible. These additional expenses will not be included in the income tax receipt the participant will receive for the GO Trip donation, as they are outside the scope of the GO Trip itinerary, and not eligible for a tax receipt in accordance with CRA regulations.
- $50 CAD registration donation pledge (non-refundable) along with your Application Form
- 100% of the remaining donation amount voluntarily pledged 30 days before the trip departure date
- All donations must be made payable directly to “ShareWord Global” by the donors themselves, payable by cheque or by phone
- Whenever a donation is made, the donor must indicate the name of the trip member and designated country for which the donation is intended
All applicants voluntarily pledge a $50 CAD registration donation amount as a non-refundable deposit with the Application. If accepted on the team, your donation is applied towards the total trip donation pledge amount and can be tax-receipted. Your registration donation confirms your commitment to participate on the GO Trip and allow us to proceed with initial preparations and their associated expenses.
- If you cancel 90 to 31 days prior to departure, you will be asked for 50% of the advertised trip donation pledge amount
- If you cancel 30 days or less prior to departure, you will be asked for 100% of the advertised trip donation pledge amount
Note: Exceptions may apply depending on the situation. This is based on the discretion of ShareWord Global.